Window Installation: Different Types Of Home Window Replacement
Home window replacement and window installation doesn’t have to be difficult! Learn more about the best types of windows for your home with AGR Roofing & Construction.
Whether you are building a new home or updating your current one, it is key to know your options in terms of windows. Windows come in all different shapes and sizes, but more importantly different material types. Each material type offers a different durability, quality, look, and price. Being informed on the different options available to you ensures you are making a smart choice for your money and the longevity of your home.
When purchasing new windows for home window replacement, consider the key takeaways of the following different types:
- Vinyl – One of the most popular window types, vinyl windows are the preferred choice of many contractors and homeowners. Vinyl windows are made of rigid PVC and are relatively maintenance-free after window installation as they do not require repainting or refinishing. They are also a cost-effective choice as they are typically cheaper than other alternatives. Finally, vinyl windows are available in many colors and traditional shapes to fit with any home exterior style.
- Aluminum – Another common choice among contractors are aluminum windows. Aluminum windows are a stronger option for your home exterior, therefore can be a great choice in areas prone to hurricanes or other extreme weather. This extra strength does come at a price, however, as aluminum windows are typically more expensive than their vinyl alternative. Aluminum windows are corrosion-resistant which makes maintenance not often needed.
- Wood – Wood windows are often chosen for window installation when the existing windows are also wood. This ensures the historic look of a home’s exterior can be preserved. Wood windows can be purchased unfinished allowing them to be stained or painted in any color. They can also be purchased primed to get a head start on the painting process. Wood windows are great for 4-season climates as they offer great insulation properties.
- Wood-clad – Wood-clad windows offer the same great wood insulation properties on the interior, but are cladded with a covering of aluminum. This option is seen as the best of both worlds as the aluminum exterior is durable, tough, and relatively maintenance-free. The aluminum jacket also prevents rot that just wood windows are subjected to with age. Wood-clad is a lesser known option and in certain regions can be a great choice for your home window replacement.
- Fiberglass – Last but not least, fiberglass windows were engineered to be a class above vinyl windows. They offer higher strength, improved energy-efficiency, and are more durable than vinyl windows. Similar to aluminum, they also stand up to the elements and will not bend, warp, or crack. These advancements, however, come at a slightly higher price point than the vinyl alternative.
If you are looking for Omaha window installation, consider working with AGR Roofing & Construction. We are experts in not only home window replacement, but also offer roof, siding, and gutter installation. Our window company offers trained experts in window installation ensuring a quality installation that lasts.