6 Advantages Of Metal Roofing
Deciding what type of roof to use on your new home or replace on your existing can be a difficult decision. If you are replacing an existing roof, it might seem like replacing in-kind with the same type of roof would make the most sense. It is important to consider the other options available to ensure you are making the best decision for the longevity of your home.
There are a multitude of options when it comes to types of roofs available for installation, however many homeowners and contractors opt for installing metal roofing on their homes and here are the main reasons why:
- Long-lasting – Metal roofs are designed to last upwards of 40 years while asphalt shingles are designed to last between 15-20 years. A metal roof installation on your home guarantees twice the lifespan of an asphalt shingle roof. Choosing a metal roof means only having to deal with the process of replacing your roof once or twice in a lifetime.
- Durable – Metal roofs can stand up to the elements. Whether it is large gusts of wind or heavy downpours, metal roofs should not require any repair after these storm events. Also, maintenance overall is relatively minimal when compared to other roofing options. Metal roofs will only need to be repaired when a heavy object is dropped on top and it becomes dented.
- Cost – The metal roof costs you will pay for your new roof will most likely be higher than if you were to install an asphalt shingle roof. It is important to keep in mind, however, that your metal roofing will last much longer and be a better bang for your buck in the long-term.
- Energy-efficient – Metal roofs can reduce cooling costs in your home as they reflect the light of the sun that can create roof surface heat. By reflecting this light, less heat is absorbed into your roof and therefore into your home. Another option for reducing heat into your home is to choose a lighter color metal roofing which will reflect even more of the sun’s light.
- Environmentally-conscious – The product you choose for your metal roof installation can be made of up to 95% recycled content. When it comes time to replace your existing metal roof, you can also recycle those pieces to keep the environmentally-friendly life cycle going.
- Overall aesthetic – Metal roofs have become popular all over again in recent design trends. Whether they are installed as the complete roofing system on a home or part of an accent, they come in distinct colors and textures to elevate the look of your home.
If you are in need of an Omaha metal roof installation, contact AGR Roofing & Construction today! We offer any type of roof installation with quality and customer care guaranteed. Our friendly staff and trained professionals will help you with installing a quality roof that looks and performs to your standards. Book a consultation today for us to review the contents of your roof and work with you to come up with a plan for replacement!